Watch live as the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) host a summit on Developing a Bold Decadal Vision for Commercial Fusion Energy. This summit will convene fusion energy leaders from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholder groups to showcase progress made and have inclusive conversations about an updated fusion strategy.
The event will be led by White House and DOE leaders, including:
– Jennifer Granholm, U.S. Secretary of Energy
– Gina McCarthy, National Climate Advisor
– Dr. Alondra Nelson, Head of OSTP and Deputy Assistant to the President
– Brenda Mallory, Chair of Council on Environmental Quality
– Dr. Geraldine Richmond, DOE Under Secretary for Science and Innovation
– Shalanda Baker, DOE Secretarial Advisor on Equity and Deputy Director for Energy Justice in the Office of Economic Impact and Diversity
– Dr. Sally Benson, OSTP Deputy Director for Energy and Chief Strategist for the Energy Transition
Fusion – the same reaction that powers the sun – has the potential to be a game-changing technology to help us achieve net-zero by 2050, protect national security, and enhance U.S. technology leadership. Decades of public investment, rapid growth in private investment, and major recent scientific advances suggest that now is the time to quickly move toward demonstrating commercial fusion energy.
For more information, see https://www.whitehouse.gov/ostp/events-webinars
*Note: All information provided during or after the event is considered the opinion of an individual entity and not considered part of a group or consensus recommendation.*