Death Toll From Oct. 7 Music Festival Massacre Rises to 350
The death toll from Hamas’s Oct. 7th attack at the Nova Music Festival was raised from 260 to at 350, with officials stressing the number could rise more as new information surfaces. The increase was based on data from Israel’s National Insurance Institute, which found that the number of victims who were shot and then burnt in their cars while attempting to flee is higher than previously thought.
Another 40 attendees of the all-night rave were taken to Gaza as hostages. Some 1,200 people were killed during Hamas’s Oct. attack on Jewish communities near the Gaza Strip and around 240 people are confirmed being held hostage in Gaza. Authorities have identified 870 of the victims, while others still remain unaccounted for.
Archaeologists have been enlisted to help find the remains of massacred Israelis while search teams continue looking for bodies in open areas.
However, The United States, Israel and the Palestinian terrorists of Hamas have agreed to a tentative deal that would see a five-day pause in fighting, The Washington Post (WaPo) said, citing people familiar with its provisions. According to them, the deal would “free dozens of women and children held hostage in Gaza, in exchange for a five-day pause in fighting,” the newspaper reported. The release of hostages could begin in the next few days, the people told WaPo.
This is a developing story that HO1 will continue to monitor.
Check back for updates.